Friday, December 23, 2005

foggy mornings

I'm definitely not a morning person but foggy, blistery, winter early mornings are somehow an explanation for my eccentricity...

I started my day to a Bo Bice song instead of the customary sound of Carrie Underwood in the car with me belting out my off-key accompaniment, I tried to logically reason that it was not idiotic if I wanted to give a beggar-uncle money at the Jail Road-Canal intersection because I found him cute, I had a very serious (and seemingly normal at that time!) discussion about whether that white-ish, golden-ish 'thing' hanging in the sky partially subdued by the thick mist was the sun or the moon, I explained that taking in deep breaths when it's just cold and when it's also foggy yield totally different results, I thoroughly enjoyed the walk from the parking lot to the warm labs in the library building despite chattering teeth and my frozen self and, as ashamed as it makes me now to admit it, I even claimed that I was looking forward to studying microeconomics over the weekend!

...And all this achieved in just over an hour of being awake!

But I also thanked God for the millionth time for making me live in Lahore, where the most secretive, misty, mind-numbingly chilly, so-called depressing mornings and late nights of the winter months make me feel more alive than anything else in the world. The beauty of the morbid silence and loneliness that engulfs when treading the dewy grass or frosty paths is uncomparable; the biting, brutal cold that pierces through the warm layers of sweaters deep down into the soul and spreads through the body like poison is a much more heart-warming feeling than all the love in the world...am I merely an unconventional individual? Or do wintry mornings actually make me crazy?!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Shiza M. said...

Your post is beeeyootiful but i still hate winter mornings..leaving my bed to go to schoool..ugh!

and my plight is so not over...but smhow there is more anger and regret rite now than greif so its still easy to handle..

December 24, 2005 4:44 PM  
Blogger Blink said...

I lvoe winter mornings too
the fog the mist
the wonderfull feeling u get whe u breathe it all in
and ofcourse thee smoky breath u get tht made me all excited bachpan main
lol
it actuallly still does
lol

December 24, 2005 6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yaar tell me about the winter mornings!! c'mon who is gonna know better about the chill than me.though don't u think there is something very eerie about the winter nights, the silence and the cold. its all very haunting yet the best time to be alone and to contemplate upon one's life.

December 25, 2005 2:27 AM  
Blogger Blink said...

never reaalised ur a gemini...as a rule i dont like geminis butt hmm ur an exxception
but ig uess i just have a thign against male geminis they all turn out to be annoyingggg....

December 26, 2005 8:59 PM  
Blogger Blink said...

no nooo
i only dont likeee MALE GEMINIS...u see all of them turn out ot be realll annoying...!!serisouly
OYE..cmon ur my source for all ahem ahem info....can i ever be anti U???

December 27, 2005 3:21 PM  
Blogger Saad said...

good work... you write really really well... have ot admit, im impressed! and yeah i like winter mornings too.. though i dont like waking up early but if and when i do wake up... i like them! :)

December 29, 2005 2:18 PM  
Blogger Blink said...

ya ur jsut jealou s bczu u rnt on it..
lol
:P
oh nd OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
TUM ZAR AONLINE TOH AAO LARKI
POOCHTI HOON TUMSEYYY..HARKATIN TUMHARI
*grin*

December 29, 2005 9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for appreciating my blog. This post of your sort of talked about something i had written upon as well, but gave a different perspective, so I really enjoyed it. Besides its been written very, very well. keep up the good work. Btw, this blogpost of mine in which i wrote about appearing on television was a show I did on LUMUN. I was one of the Style Duniya people going around, checking out all the stalls and interviweing people.

December 30, 2005 2:03 AM  
Blogger Shiza M. said...

exams khatam ho gayay hain and we hav to meet up real sooon!!
acha and when you do come bring the davinci code,the alchemist and moth smoke...i have a new idea of making money..:p

December 30, 2005 11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really? Where have we met before. Now i am intrigued.

December 30, 2005 1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home