Monday, February 27, 2006

Chain of Fools

I’ve been wanting to post on my blog for the past few days, but somehow I could not get myself to write…forget worthwhile, I just could not write anything at all. I wonder if it’s writer’s bloc, or merely that I’m way too lazy to do anything properly these days. Anyhow, I wanted to post tonight so I thought I might as well just list down whatever’s been going on for the past few days...

For those who still don’t know, exams FINALLY ended!!!! In fact, it’s been about three days now since the last exam, and I couldn’t be more relieved. Right after that microeconomics paper I spent the next 24 hours in a hyper frenzy … anyone who was unfortunate enough to catch me on msn during that time can testify my eccentricity and craziness! :) Anyway, so that means that I hereby officially declare myself as a one-eighth lums graduate! Haha… yes yes I DO realise that such a term does not exist and, even if it did, my second quarter result is yet to be determined. In other words, there does exist the possibility that I fail some course and have to repeat, or that the final exams get left out in the rain and are washed away, or that bolan loses it completely and messes up our grades, or that the universe simply comes to an end and, thus, I never get this quarter’s result! However me being the hopeless, unwavering optimist that I am, I choose to believe that the chances of any of the above occurrences actually taking place are miniscule. Of course, I’m implying that these probabilities do not take into consideration the last possibility I mentioned above because that event is very much expected in the very near future! But other than the universe collapsing one bright sunny morning, other afore mentioned potential (and more grave) disasters are not about to happen! *crosses her fingers*

On another ‘high’ note, STAR WORLD IS BACKKKK!!! Yeah, I know it’s been almost a week now but I reckon I still haven’t completely recovered from the shock or happiness. I know that my mother was not very amused to be woken up from deep slumber in the middle of the night by the sound of a hooligan shrieking absurdly somewhere in the vicinity of her bedroom, and that she was even less amused to find out that the hooligan was, in fact, one of her own descendants. However, the discovery of the ‘return of star world’ is such sheer joy that its profundity can not be conveyed to such beings…after all, what would these lesser mortals understand of the importance of this channel in someone’s life?!?

And, incase any one of you are pondering over a similar question, fear not for I am about to explain. Star World is back…therefore, AMERICAN IDOL IS BACK!!! Wooohoooo!!!! That, in itself, is a cause to celebrate. And I have been doing so religiously ever since. After all, the wrath of unimportant individuals in my life (like parents, for instance) does not scare me when I already understand where my true loyalties lie.

Furthermore, ‘American Idol back on television’ also reminds me that Carrie will be appearing on the results show this week….ah yes! Yet another reason for a devoted fan to lose her mind in desperate anticipation. *sigh* At times like this when I remember that there have been countless instances in the past where I have sat alone in hopeless misery wondering what my purpose in life is, it just makes me laugh! How could I have been SO clueless?!?!

Ohkayyy, I just realised suddenly that this post has taken an extremely bizarre turn. All the serious stuff about next quarter’s courses and the weekend trip to Gujranwala and the debate about whether I should join the ‘Reading Circle’ at university and the fact that I got my mobile’s gprs activated and it’s a rip-off never came up anywhere. Oh, and also the dilemma about whether to join violin classes or classical dance lessons. Oh well, another time I guess because this has gotten pretty long as it is. I’m sorry folks, now you’ll have to go search for your own entertainment for ‘tis late now and I have a very busy schedule planned for myself for tomorrow…I must be well-rested in order to be fresh enough to thoroughly enjoy and lose myself in yet another day of doing absolutely nothing tomorrow!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahah! i'm almost there! just need verification from a few more sources;)

March 31, 2006 7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

May 16, 2006 7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home